: E-bok ISBN
: 9780128127636 ISBN
: 9780128127629 Språk
: English Upplaga
: 2 Utgivningsår
Fundamentals of Ecosystem Science, Second Edition provides a comprehensive introduction to modern ecosystem science covering land, freshwater and marine ecosystems. Featuring full color images to support learning and written by a group of experts, this updated edition covers major concepts of ecosystem science, biogeochemistry, and energetics. Case studies of important environmental problems offer personal insights into how adopting an ecosystem approach has helped solve important intellectual and practical problems.
For those choosing to use the book in a classroom environment, or who want to enrich further their reading experience, teaching and learning assets are available at Elsevier.com.
- Covers both aquatic (freshwater and marine) and terrestrial ecosystems with updated information
- Includes a new chapter on microbial biogeochemistry
- Features vignettes throughout the book with real examples of how an ecosystem approach has led to important change in policy, management, and ecological understanding
- Demonstrates the application of an ecosystem approach in synthesis chapters and case studies
- Contains new coverage of human-environment interactions