: Paul Robbins E-bok ISBN
: 9781119167457 ISBN
: 9781119167440 Språk
: English Upplaga
: 3 Utgivningsår
An accessible, focused exploration of the field of political ecology
The third edition of Political Ecology spans this sprawling field, using grounded examples and careful readings of current literature. While the study of political ecology is sometimes difficult to fathom, owing to its breadth and diversity, this resource simplifies the discussion by reducing the field down into a few core questions and arguments. These points clearly demonstrate how critical theory can make pragmatic contributions to the fields of conservation, development, and environmental management.
The latest edition of this seminal work is also more closely focused, with references to recent work from around the world. Further, Political Ecology raises critical questions about “traditional” approaches to environmental questions and problems. This new edition:
- Includes international work in the field coming out of Europe, Latin America, and Asia
- Explains political ecology and its tendency to disrupt the environmental research and practice by both advancing and undermining associated fields of study
- Contains contributions from a wide range of diverse backgrounds and expertise
- Offers a resource that is written in highly-accessible, straightforward language
- Outlines the frontiers of the field and frames climate change and the end of population growth with the framework of political ecology
An excellent resource for undergraduates and academics, the third edition of Political Ecology offers an updated edition of the guide to this diverse, quickly growing field that is at the heart of how humans shape the world and, in turn, are shaped by it.