: Robert RH Anholt E-bok ISBN
: 9780080919898 ISBN
: 9780123725752 Språk
: English Upplaga
: 0 Utgivningsår
Principles of Behavioral Genetics presents the field of behavioral genetics. It emphasizes unifying principles, which, as a comprehensive discipline, encompasses not only studies of model organisms but the study of people, as well. Along with addressing behavior as a consequence of genetics, the book demonstrates the neurobiological and ecological aspects of behavioral genetics. In addition, it discusses evolutionary genetics and gene flow populations in relation to behavioral genetics.
The book starts by discussing the history of the young field of behavioral genetics, and it continues with a description of the fundamental functions and the organization of the nervous system. The book goes on to offer basic topics related to quantitative genetic principles, and it focuses on a wide range of commonly studied behaviors, including chemoreception, circadian activity and sleep, social behaviors, locomotion, learning and memory, and addiction. This book will be a valuable resource for future generations of scientists who focus on the field of behavioral genetics.
* Defines the emerging science of behavioral genetics
* Engagingly written by two leading experts in behavioral genetics
* Clear explanations of basic quantitative genetic, neurogenetic and genomic applications to the study of behavior
* Numerous examples ranging from model organisms to non-model systems and humans
* Concise overviews and summaries for each chapter